Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Charles Littleleaf Native American Flutes





A number of years ago, I was up in the mountains riding my horse. I spent a lot of days and nights in the high country just being out there and enjoying the solitude and exploring new trails. I liked racing the deer, elk and wild horses. It was a good life and I didn't want to be anywhere else.

One day while resting my horse, I noticed a passenger plane traveling at very high altitude above me. I was always quite amazed that something like that could actually fly so high above the earth and stay up there.

I often wondered to myself... 'Where are those people going?' and 'What kind of people ride those things??'.

I once said to my horse... 'Maybe those people are a little bit crazy in wanting to do such a dangerous thing. I would rather ride you, my friend, anyday. It would be much safer to fall off of you, than to fall out of the sky'.

Then, I met Vicky.

She bought a plane ticket to come visit me. I met her at the airport in Portland. When she arrived, I saw her walking from that giant plane that was up so very high in the sky.

Then it came to me. Vicky is the kind of people who ride those things!

It wasn't long before she talked me into riding on one, on a trip to her home town in San Jose. I was in utter amazement on that journey, staring out into blue sky and white clouds as far as the eye could see. Soon, we were taking a flight to England and then another one to France.

And the rest, they say, is history.

I feel I have come a long way in my travels since that peaceful day on my horse.

But one thing is certain... I was innocent until I met Vicky. Yet I married her just the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment