Hello FB Followers and Many Relations,
Thank you Anita Schaap Hauck for the share.
I (Julia) am so amazed of so many different comments positive to negative on so many different postings of our participation in the Inaugural Parade.
We put in our application to participate. The Ladies did all their proper traditional blessings from each of their tribes to march in this parade. The dresses were blessed and fed as they should be as they are a healing dress. We have been given instructions and advice by many Women Elders of this dress. I can not thank them enough. This dress has saved me (Julia). I dance/color guard to heal, to dance for those who can not.
Native Women have always been protectors of their Family and Elders. Western civilization has changed the perspective of what Native women represented, and how they are treated. Our Men are here, they protect us, they advise us and most of all they have supported us. There are many to be named from different Tribes, different states, and different countries. I thank them.
In the heart and in the spirit the Native Woman has always had determination to protect and take care of the family. I ask everyone to listen and record tribal stories. Ask the questions of long ago, look for those writings of the Elders if any. They provide so much insight, that then, you would understand.
I am glad that everyone has a right to their opinion. Opinions will always make one reflect, whether its the opinionated or the one you have an opinion about. I (Julia) will take any negative energy that is sent and turn it positive. I will take the positive energy and put it to good use.
I marched with eight other proud Native Veteran Women. I am proud of having the opportunity to color guard with them. Every individual has their story. Those stories will be told when they are ready. Its healing time.
If all we can do is get one Legislative action at a time to protect our Native women or reach one Native Woman at a time then we are accomplishing our mission. Bringing awareness that Native Women and Native Women Veterans are here.
No comments:
Post a Comment